Each year St. Anne’s students take part in the Junk Kouture Recycled Fashion Competition. It is a national contest which encourages second level students to create wearable designs from everyday junk that would normally be put in the bin. St. Anne’s students have reached the semi-finals and finals of this National Competition.
Designs by St. Anne’s students in recent years include:
- Groovy Garden Girl – an outfit made from old flower pots
- Once Upon a Twine – a Cinderella inspired dress made from J-cloths and bailing twine!
- The Not so Little Mermaid – an dress embellished with sea-weed, shells, fishing net and sand.
- Button me Up! – a dress made from buttons and bubble wrap
- Marry Me – a wedding dress made from chicken wire, paper, glass and feathers.