Green Schools is an International Enviromental education programme that promotes long-term whole school action for the enviroment. St. Anne’s is in its fourth year of this programme and has successfully received two green flags.
Green schools is promoted in St. Anne’s by the Green Schools Student Committee, who promote environmental awareness in the school. Initiatives carried out by the Green Schools Committee include:
- Monday designated as Energy Saving Day
- Earth Hour, where everyone conserved energy
- Reduced energy consumption in school throughout the year.
- Encouraged school community to reduce, re-use and recycle.
- Provided compost bins throughout the school