Irish Maths Olympiad
- The Irish Mathematical Olympiad is a national mathematics contest for secondary school students. Training for this contest takes place at a number of mathematics enrichment centres around the country, our closest one being University of Limerick
- The primary aim of the enrichment classes is to cultivate a love and appreciation for mathematics among talented students – this is achieved by giving such students exposure to deeper, more challenging and more interesting mathematical problems than those encountered on the school syllabus.
- The performance of students in this competition is used to identify a team of up to six students who will represent Ireland at the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO), a prestigious international mathematics competition. The 2016 IMO competition will take place in Hong Kong from 6 – 16 July 2016.
The IMTA Junior Maths Competition
- The Junior Maths Competition is held for 1st Year Students since 1994. It consists of a school round where multiple choice brain teasers are answered within a 40 minute period.
- Results are sent back to the organiser and, based on results, students are invited to a regional final.
Maths Week Ireland MangaHigh Games Challenge
- In conjunction with Maths Week Ireland, Mangahigh host an online maths competition.
- Mangahigh.com offers the most engaging online maths resource for use in a school environment. Mangahigh’s adaptive technology and personalised learning pathways ensure each student stays on-task and is working at the leading edge of their learning.
- Here’s a breakdown of the prizes:
- First place will receive a trophy and medals for their class, a €1000 voucher for their school and a certificate
- Second place will also net your class a trophy and medals and a €500 voucher for their school!
- Three runner-up places will get a €300 voucher for their school and medals!